How does a Grandparent introduce their Grandkids to the fun of camping when it has been a while and equipment is expensive? With a one-night or two-night I Can Camp! overnight program—no experience necessary. The I Can Camp! crew is on hand day and night to answer all of your "how do I do it?" questions. You need to bring your own sleeping bags or bedding, groceries, and personal items. They'll send you a packing list after you sign up for a program. Their list will suggest particular meals and ingredients, but you may adjust the menu and quantities to your own budget and dietary needs.
- One-night programs are $60; two-night programs are $85 (max. six people per tent).
- Hands-on instruction on setting up camp, starting a campfire, camp cooking and more from our experienced I Can Camp! crew.
- Use of tent, air mattresses, cook stove and other gear included.
- A Minnesota State Parks one-day permit is included.
- Geocaching, nature photography, fishing—each program offers unique activities that will entertain the whole family.
- Advance registration is required.
I Can Camp programs are going on all summer. Minnesota, Idaho, Michigan, Oregon, and Georgia have the programs through their DNR and State Parks. Check out the Minnesota 2018 schedule at http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/ican/camp.html