Thomas, Percy, and Sir Topham Hat return to Duluth for rides and activities for kids. August 4-6, 11-13, 9am-5pm. Tickets $20 for 2 and up.
Each ticket to the Day Out With Thomas includes:
- Access to all activities at Day Out With Thomas
- Entry to the Lake Superior Railroad Museum
- Approx. 20-25 minute train ride behind Thomas through Duluth to Lake Superior
- Imagination Stations, which include sandboxes, coloring, Mega Bloks, building stations, craft tables, Thomas play tables and much, much more
- Live Children's Music by Big & Tall (Mr. Billy)
- Magic shows throughout the day
- Photo opportunities with Thomas, Percy, & Sir Topham Hatt
- Free trolleycar rides
- Inflatable slide, bounce house and obstacle course
- Temporary Tattoo and Face Painting stations
- Model Train layouts
- Huge Thomas Gift Shop
- Lots of games and activities
- And much more...
Add the Percy Combo to Get More Fun:
- A separate 20-25 minute train ride behind Percy, a similar route but different fun onboard
- Percy train rides can be scheduled before or after your ride with Thomas
- Photo opportunity with Percy
- You must buy a Thomas ticket in order to purchase a Percy train ride
- Percy has a party on his train!
Tickets are $20 per person for Thomas, ages 2 and up.
Add Percy the Percy Combo for just $8 more.
Toddlers under 2 do not need a ticket, but must ride in the lap of a ticketed passenger. Both train rides are about 25 minutes each, but the "average guest" is here for 2-3 hours depending how much fun with your friends you want to have!
Tickets are for sale online or by calling TicketWeb: 866-468-7630
Frequently asked questions:
Do I need to pre-purchase tickets?
Advance ticket purchases are strongly encouraged, as trains do sell out. Thomas runs every hour on the hour starting at 9am, and there is often space on the morning and afternoon trains. If trains aren’t sold out, tickets are for sale at the window for a limited number of walk-up sales. This year we are seeing a dramatic increase in reservations and are anticipating sold out trains for many of the days, especially on Saturdays of the event.
Where do we park?
During the event, there is no on-site parking at the museum but two parking ramps are located to the north and south sides of the depot building. Several other parking facilities are within a two-block walk of the event. Most parking locations require payment and most accept credit cards. Parking fees vary from day-to-day of the event (weekday/weekends). Please allow extra time to find parking before your train departure.
For directions to the Duluth Depot (Day Out With Thomas event): click here.