Dive “under the sea” into Disney’s 1989 full-length film complete with spirited musical numbers, a delightful young mermaid named Ariel and the Academy award-winning® score performed live by the Minnesota Orchestra!
- Minnesota Orchestra
- The Little Mermaid was composer Alan Menken’s first score for Disney. (He went on to score Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Tangled and more.) The movie gave him his first Oscar win: Best Song for “Under the Sea.” Menken also won the 1989 Academy Award® for best score.
- In the movie’s opening scene with King Triton, you can spot Disney superstars Mickey Mouse, Goofy and Donald Duck in the crowd.
- The character of Ariel was based in part on actress Alyssa Milano, who at the time was starring in the popular ABC sitcom Who’s The Boss.
- One of the film’s best-loved songs, “Under the Sea,” draws on Caribbean Calypso influences.
- The Little Mermaid marked the start the “Disney Renaissance” during which the studio regained its status as an animation powerhouse.
Tickets for children (age 6-17) are 25% off for price sections 1-4. Select "child" instead of "adult" when choosing seats.
This film has been rated G by the Motion Picture Association of America. All children, regardless of age, must have a ticket adjacent to an adult to enter the hall. Your child is permitted to sit on your lap as long as his/her head can fit underneath your chin. Taller children seated on a parent's/caregiver's lap can obstruct the view of other patrons.